September 29, 2010

Fruits are my new Love

Yes! You heard it right...fruits are my new found love. I love fruits but they were only part of my after lunch or dinner crunchies. But as of today onwards I have embarked on a new adventure, to loose 5kg! Yup, and as soon as possible as well. So as from today onwards, I will start on a high fruits intake diet, that will mostly contain in a juice form. I may decide to make it as a ice cold non fat, no sugar smoothie, if the weather keeps getting hotter.

Rewinding to episodes that occurred few days ago before coming to this drastic measures. Well during the weekend escapade with a couple of my friends and enjoying myself the delicacies presented in Sydney Surry Hills suburb, I felt myself on a heavier side. I weighed my self only to realise that I had gained 4kg!!!!! OMG!!! I am sure that was not the result of the weekend spree of indulging myself but it was an outcome of me having to indulge myself in too much of carb intake and very less exercise. I was really active with my running and heading to the gym, but the past month, I had been so stressed with my work and research , I totally gave in to every cravings I had. My cravings are huge and I always go for food that has high sugar and fat in it regardless what my mind says, I just gulp it down. Now I am paying the price for slacking off....

So now that you had a quick preview of what had lead to this drastic measure, this is what I am going to do. For the next few days to weeks, I will be posting yummy fruit and vege combo salads, juice and smoothies recipies that I had gotten out from the web or friends or family, give it a try and rate them on this blog. If you like, you can give it a try yourself and give comments on how it went.

Of course the first few days is to detox myself, which will mean heaps of green tea and munching on fruits and exercise. But after a couple of days, I will slowly add crabs to it, like wholegrain/multi grain bread, just toasted no butter added, along with a a single serve of a small tub yogurt for brekkie and than fruit -juice added with beetroot or celeries through out teh day and for dinner back to what I had for Brekkie.Once I have lost the 5kg off my weight, I will slowly add on a protein to diet.

I have to let all know, who are reading this, you do need to substitute the loss of essential vitamins through taking Multi Vitamin pills and please do not starve yourself. Whenever you feel too hungry, it is okie to have broiled chicken, tuna from the can with your wholegrain bread. I am only going to follow this diet for the next 2 weeks with exercise to lose the 5kg and be back on a much healthier food plan that will be within the 1800 cal/day.

You should not follow a fruit only diet as a long term diet plan!!!!!

So good luck to me and good luck to those who wish to try the recopies that I post year for the next few days....


0 comments:

Post a Comment