September 30, 2010

1st Day - Diet goes well....

I am pleased with myself today. I had stuck to my diet plan and amazingly managed to say NO to Donuts, Chocolates, Yummy Mud Cake, Chips and most of all, I only had 2 cups of coffee so far. I am actually amazed.

The day started off quite late for me today. I only managed to get to bed at 5.30am and I slept all the way till 1pm. I know I have to get back into a good sleeping pattern as well!!! So I missed breakfast, which is the most important meal of day. Darn it! But I still started off the day with a banana and yogurt, went to the gym, came back and had strawberry & blueberry fruit salad. It is very easy to make. Scroll to the bottom to get the recipe. 

I had a big afternoon planned. Shopping for my nephew´s 1st Birthday present.  I headed out to Eastgardens and suddenly I was overwhelmed by the aroma of coffee, grilled cheese, burgers, Indian, Chinese and Japanese food....OMG! I really felt like walking out of the shopping centre. I just couldn´t see myself avoiding all these yummy smelling food.... So I quickly paced myself to Kmart, went stariaght to the toy section and browsed through. Then it was straight to Big W to get myself a few other stuff. Without me realising, I was sandwiched between an aisle that had shelves stocked up with all sorts of chocolates!!!!! It was the most challenging task - to avoid chocolates. You see, chocolates are my weakest point. I suddenly felt the sides of the shelves closing onto me...I had to get out of this place...and I did. I was just too afraid to wander about and so I just headed to the kids section again, got a few more colouring books and darted out. After a few hours darting from Kmart to Target to Big W, making sure to avoid places stocked with food, I managed not to buy any food  or snacks. I realised, I was able to forget about food by just sticking with my errands and smartly avoiding the food sections. But the downside to this was, I spent money buying myself a cute summer sandal, a top and heaps of goodies for my niece and nephew...but I felt good =)

I am now having dinner. Its really simple. I am having roasted eggplant with boiled sweet potato and carrot . and finishing it off is 2 golden kiwis... yummy!....and rose tea....Although the lunch and dinner are not that yummmy sounding, they filled me up. I strangely feel lighter, cos I did not have any meat intake today , just vegetarian. I will digging up more food recipies later on tonite and will post it tomorrow onwards. 

Here are the simple recipie:

Brekkie : 1 Banana  with 1 small tub (175g) of Yoplait Lite Yogurt

Lunch : 6 Fresh Strawberries ( depends on how many you would like) , halved with  1 small cup of blueberries. Just mix them up. You can add green salad to it, but no dressing. Had 1  slice of toasted plain wholemeal bread  (actually I was full , in fact I was trying hard to finish off the bread).

The fruit salad will look like the picture below. (This picture was not taken by me)



Dinner : 1/2 eggplant (roasted), a small 1/4 diced sweet potato(boiled), 1/2 Potato (boiled) , 1/2 Carrot boiled. Mix them all up and enjoy them plain. No dressings again. I actually enjoyed this and did feel full afterwards.

So far the diet plan is going well.....will keep you all posted. The challenge for the next couple of days is trying to stick with my diet while meeting up with friends for lunch and dinner. So yup....stay tuned...

Love 

0 comments:

Post a Comment