October 4, 2010

Canberra, Flowers and Friends

It was the long weekend here in Sydney. It was the Labour weekend which meant an extra day off to enjoy, eat and play. So, myself and few other friends of mine headed out to Canberra to view the Floriade that is an event that happens every year in celebrating the joy of Spring.

It was an early start at 5am and we were at the Central Railway station to catch our coach to Canberra by 6.30am. We arrived at Canberra at 10.30am and we were super hungry. It was extremely quiet. Most of the stores were still closed. Taking note that Canberra is the capital city of Australia, it really did not live up to the hype. I would not want to stay there. It was just too quiet for me.

After the brunch at the Pancake Parlour , it took awhile to get to the Floriade as it was like a 10mins walk. But it was all worthwhile. I had a great time marvelling at the beautiful Cherry Blossoms, Tulips, Pansies and Daffodils. I adored all of them . I love flowers and this was an awesome way to view them all. The colours were brilliant and although there were a couple of times the rain threatened to spoil the enjoyment, I and my friends totally enjoyed it to the fullest.

Here are a few pictures taken at the Floriade. Please click on on my Flickr Account and view the rest of the pictures taken.

The Cherry Blossoms


The Ferris Wheel & the Beautiful tulips in the foreground




I am not sure of what is the flowers name but they were so pretty. I love the colours, Raspberry Reds and Pink...


This Tulip had a mix of white in it and it reminded me of the Raspberry Swirl ice creams...




The array of beautiful and colourful tulips in the park.



The bright yellow daffodils.


I loved the potted plants...beautiful beginning to Spring...

I hope you liked the pictures...enjoy the Floriade if you are in Sydney or Canberra and intend to head out there...

xoxo,

0 comments:

Post a Comment