August 22, 2010

Good Morning all!

As I sit at my desk and vigorously attack the keyboards, I realise that its Monday again! With almost 60% of Sydney cuddled in bed and fast asleep and another 15% performing their graveyard duties and the rest either engaged in pleasurable activities and a few , like me, working hard on their Uni project/ research, I stop to take a moment to pen a few words before I head off to finish the rest of my thesis writing set out for the day.

This weekend has been good through out. I had very little time to question about life or any other matters. The weekend just came and left! But one good thing that happened was , I managed to download very old Disney favourites, Cinderalla and The Beauty the Beast and watched it! It was a sweet bliss. The Cinderella version was from 1937. The Technicolor then was so rich and the colours were so beautiful, not to mention the animation as well. I was amazed at how good the condition of that movie was considering it was dated 1937. It was truly awesome. I loved Disney all my life. It is simple, love rich and most of all, there is a credible story line that makes your heart melt.

Watching The Beauty & The beast brought sweet memories of my childhood. It was in the 90s and the whole family made a beeline to the cinema in Yishun 10, in Singapore, and had a fabulous time watching it. It was awesome. The big screen with surround audio, popcorn and of course, feeling like a VIP as kids were given special goodies bags . I loved it, especially when the Beast and the Beauty danced. It was so magical for a little girl, who always dreamed of becoming a real princess in life. I had the same glowing warm feeling when I saw it again the other night but this time, the Beast was not scary looking, in fact , I liked the Beast before it was transformed into a prince...ummm... probably I have grown up and understood that its the personality and character of a man is important than good looks!?..haahaa...

So, yes the weekend went by as quickly as it began and now I am struggling to finish most of my writing that I intended to complete but lazily put it off. But I´m not regretting it, it was a nostalgic weekend, re-visiting my favourite Disney movies...ahhhhh...

Well good morning to all, have a great Monday,







0 comments:

Post a Comment